Online legal service
Preparation, legal help and representation regarding the sale or purchase of a real estate property in Spain.
An English-speaking lawyer will prepare your purchase and sale agreement to buy or sell an off-plan or second-hand house or apartment in Spain. Your lawyer will advise you of any potential pitfalls, recommend specific changes that would benefit you, discuss or negotiate these concerns and changes with the other party, and accompany you to the notary’s office to close the transaction.
What is included? Your lawyer will:
- Discuss your concerns and issues with you.
- Draft or review the offer, purchase contract or “arras” (deposit) agreement.
- Discuss or negotiate the offer or contract with the other party or the other party’s lawyer.
- Prepare up to two sets of revisions or responses to counteroffers, if necessary.
- Review the information provided by the developer (if the property is off-plan).
- Check whether the house is free of charges and/or rented out (if the property is a second-hand home).
- Check whether the IBI (Real Estate Tax) payments are in good standing.
- Accompany you to the notary’s office in order to sign the purchase and sale deed.
- Register the purchase deed at the Property Registry.
- Change the property title in the Cadastral office.
- Process your stamp duty tax on your behalf.
- Process your Capital Gains Tax on Land (“Plusvalía”) before the tax office, where applicable, on your behalf.
Services not included:
- Applying for the NIE (Foreigner Id Number).
- Assistance for opening a bank account in Spain.
- Any arbitration or litigation process.
- Further services from your iAbogado lawyer after your Legal Service has been completed.
Checklist for the first interview with your lawyer (to be arranged by us):
- Copy of any document that is relevant to the offer or contract, either in electronic form or in hard copy.
- Name and address of any other party to the offer or contract.
- Address of the home being bought or sold.
- A copy of the existing deed or title report for the home being purchased or sold.
This Legal Service will help you to :
- Overcome the language barrier with the help of an English-speaking Spanish lawyer.
- Make sure items that you think are included in the sale, such as a furniture, are listed.
- Make sure you know who pays the various costs.
- Make sure the purchase or sale transaction complies with Spanish civil and zoning laws.
- Properly disclose the hidden defects in a house.
- Protect yourself if the deal falls through.
- Save time and money over traditional hourly billing.
- Enjoy peace of mind.
- This Legal Service is appropriate for an individual or couple who is buying or selling an off-plan or second-hand home in Spain.
- If there is a deadline associated with your case (for example, if you must sign the offer or contract by a particular date), you must make sure that it is at least 5 days away before purchasing this Legal Service.